Friday, July 29, 2022

my rhymes and records, they don't get played

I had a v. lovely if occasionally stressful day of moving and hanging out. [censored] and I got up in time to prep for an electronics pickup - thanks to Denver extorting Google and Apple into paying for free electronics recycling, I was able to get rid of a couple of monitors, several other electronics, and the crazy microwave that was in my Iowa house when I bought it and that I lugged here to dispose of. I also had an electrician show up to fix something that the inspection turned up, and discovered how much of a racket electrician charges are here. Luckily I'm moving someplace where no one adheres to code or gets anything inspected, but I'm glad I got done what I got done today.

sssanyway, because of the aforementioned racket, [censored] kindly installed some new smoke detectors so that I didn't have to pay the electrician mafia. Then we had lunch at El Camino - I adore their nachos, and it was lovely to eat them while sitting in one of the coveted window seats. This went a long way toward making up for last night's dinner abomination. After El Camino, I didn't get as much packing done as intended, but I did sell some bookshelves and a desk chair, and dealt with some other house activities.

At some point, Aunt Becky and Uncle Brian came over, bearing tings that they brought out to Colorado when they moved here and that I will now be returning to ancestral soil (i.e. if you come for tea, I now have silver for it). We went to Blue Pan and chatted outside while waiting for a table, and then got a nice window spot. It was a perfect night for hanging out - not a million degrees and also not monsoon-y. I introduced them to the delights of Detroit-style pizza, and it was nice to hang out for a few hours.

Then we came back to my place, Aunt B/Uncle B went home, and [censored] and I did laptop-type work - for me, mostly change of address stuff and other things that have to get done before I move. And now I think I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: