Wednesday, July 20, 2022

neon burning up above

I'm tired and have a headache, but I believe the headache is from some slight dehydration related to spending too much time sitting in the sun while saying goodbye to people. Today was full of goodbyes - I had three goodbye 1:1s, and then a team meeting that was entirely dedicated to telling me how awesome I am and how much people will miss me (which is both gratifying to the ego and also v. awkward). Saying goodbye is tough since I genuinely love my team and I've worked with many of them for close to five years, but I also know it's time.

After my team meeting, I had lunch with Tomas at Boulder Depot. Tomas has the dubious honor of having worked with me all three times I've worked for my current employer; we shared a cube last time, and he moved to Boulder during this stint, so we've had a long ride together. He took me out for my goodbye lunch last time, and he took me out again today, which was a delight. A glass of sauvignon blanc when it's 100 degrees out is not the best idea, but hanging out with Tomas was, so it was great to catch up.

Then I had a bunch of meetings, took care of some tings, and drove home around five. When I got here, I wanted to do nothing, so I ordered sushi and did nothing for a brief period of time - but then I scrambled to do a million things between sevenish and now, including taking advantage of tomorrow's trash pickup to clean out my fridge, toss a bunch of stuff, etc. I also did laundry, took care of some work tasks, and generally tried to get on top of what needs to happen in the next couple of days / weeks.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: