Sunday, August 06, 2023

he wears the coolest suede shoes when i come in with the blues

I had a v. lowkey, slightly Sunday Scary-ish day. I did manage to prep for a talk I'm giving tomorrow, and I thought a lot about my book, and I even wrote a couple of new pages, which was v. exciting in retrospect even if it was less exciting in the moment. And I did two loads of laundry, did some stuff for the mural festival, and made a v. tasty salmon teriyaki for me and [censored], so it wasn't all terrible.

However, I have more to do this week than I want to do, which is probably why my Sunday Scaries feel like they used to feel when I had the day job. Happily, I don't actually have to go to the day job tomorrow, but my body doesn't seem to realize that. I do have hope, though, that once I get through my talk, my body will stop thinking that it's going to have to sit in meetings for nine hours like it used to. We shall see, we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: