Monday, August 07, 2023

you can take back your memories, they're no good to me

I had a long but mostly great day, thanks for asking. I got up this morning and took unusual care with my makeup so that I could go into town and give a talk about writing at the local museum. It's part of their "coffee and conversations" program, and I was delighted with how it went - there were almost twenty people there, which was way more than I expected. Several of my former teachers showed up, and various community members, and it was a really fun group. I gave a wee bit of background about what I've been up to, and then we had a conversation about writing historical novels and memoirs. It was fun to get back into some writing discussions for the morning, since I'm spending a lot of my time on the mural festival at the moment....

After my talk was over and I'd said farewell to the people who stuck around, I came home and ate lunch with [censored]. Then I worked on mural stuff most of the afternoon, with a long interlude at the parents' house to deal with an email issue my dad was having. Then I came home, said farewell to [censored], took out my garbage, ate some leftover salmon, and messed around / relaxed with a glass of wine on my balcony until the mosquitoes became too threatening. I'm sad that it's starting to get dark earlier, since I can feel the steady drumbeat of winter coming, but for now I'm glad my balcony exists.

Then I came inside and worked on mural stuff for the past couple of hours (including a call with Nancy, who knows I would much rather talk to her at 9pm instead of 9am). And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: