Monday, August 14, 2023

it's just a question

If you guessed that I did mural stuff all day, you would not win any prizes because it was too easy to guess this. I didn't sleep well last night, and woke up at three a.m. suddenly weirdly panicked that maybe I hadn't locked the back door last night - I actually went down and checked, and I was correct about having left it unlocked. On most Sunday nights a murderer might have gotten [censored] first, but [censored] was gone last night, which probably contributed to my sudden need to make sure the door was locked. But I survived until morning, so that was quite exciting.

However, I did mural stuff most of the day - while it's not totally crunch time yet, it is crunch time in terms of ordering anything or getting anything printed, so I'm trying to power through everything all at once. This is not good for my post-burnout-recovery brain, which does not want to sit at my desk this long. But things are coming together, so hopefully I can keep powering through and feel done with most of my tech-related tasks this week so I can focus on setup towards the end of next week.

At some point, I ate a v. sad lunch (a frozen gluten free burrito that I had wanted to try, since it was the same brand as my beloved Amy's enchilada - verdict was it was fine with sour cream and salsa, but not exciting), did some more work, and then took a late afternoon trip to the next town over to stock up on some groceries I desperately needed. I'm going into sandwich mode the next couple of weeks and I was out of bread, so I got enough stuff to get me through until the festival. Then I came home, took my trash to my dad's shop, tidied up, and ate a frozen gluten free pizza that I'd bought at Walmart - I actually thought it was pretty tasty, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Then I did mural stuff for the last three hours, and now I'm going to try to decompress for just a little bit before sleeping - I don't do well if I try to go straight to bed after working, and I need to remember that from ye olde corporate days. Goodnight!

No comments: