Tuesday, August 29, 2023

on a buffet of pills

The mural festival starts tomorrow! And, shockingly, I feel like we're mostly ready for it. There's still a lot to do tomorrow, and we're winging a lot of the volunteer timings, but otherwise we're in good shape. I spent the morning sending emails and doing spreadsheet stuff in my pajamas, and then I took a speed shower, made a speed sandwich, and sped to the fairgrounds for a committee meeting + setup time. I got out of some of the setup because I had to do allergy shots, but I did a respectable amount of stuff and things are looking good.

Then, I grabbed dinner with some committee people + some lead artists who've arrived - I should perhaps have come home, but I had no food here, and the idea of a cheeseburger was v. appealing. Dinner took a long time because the restaurant was understaffed, but then I came home and did some last-minute printing and prepping of stuff.

And now, I need to sleep since I have to be at the Fairgrounds at a time that is too early for my delicate constitution. Goodnight!

No comments: