Tuesday, August 08, 2023

the scent of a lemon drips from your eyes

I had a rather frenetic day of mural stuff - we're three weeks out and there are a million things to do, which is making me equal parts excited and stressed. I did a bunch of stuff this morning (and also took a walk to pay my water bill), and then I had the usual weekly mural meeting, where we discussed a multitude of issues. Then I ran to the hospital and got allergy shots, which gave me thirty minutes of blessed downtime since I had to wait to see if the shots killed me (spoiler: they didn't).

Then, I went to Nancy's office to help her compile the order for the artists' paint - it was pretty gnarly since 16 murals requires a lot of random paint colors in a variety of quantities. I felt like I was giving my Bob Ross vocabulary a workout, although I don't actually know how to pronounce some of the paint types, which I found embarrassing even though I have no reason to know how to pronounce 'quinacridone magenta' (a color Bob Ross would likely not have used, much to his loss).

When we were finally done with that, it was almost five, so I came home and ate popcorn and stared at the wall. Then I did a whole bunch of stuff around the house, some more mural stuff, etc., before eventually eating leftover salmon. And now I'm going to go to bed even though it's absurdly early for me - goodnight!


No comments: