Saturday, August 05, 2023

you don't know how to keep your business clean

I got a head start on the Sunday Scaries today - which mostly meant that I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I wasn't completely lazy, but this morning was a bit of a haze - I drank coffee, took care of various small tings that were on my desk waiting to be handled, etc. I also did some journaling / writing, which was productive. And after I finally showered (at a stupidly late hour), I bucked down and got some tings done with the mural festival.

I think I'm procrastinating because there's so much to do with the festival - but I'm starting to chip away at the backlog. I was v. diligent for two hours before dinner, and then [censored] and I went out to Mom and Dad's for dinner. I had procured some sweet corn for them yesterday, and so Mom fixed that while Dad grilled brats and hot dogs, and it was all very tasty. Dad also made a cake (peach upside down cake, which is a new innovation), and it was tasty as well. And [censored] attempted to help a kitten, with unclear results (which is not unusual, since feral kittens don't usually appreciate help).

When we got back to my place, I spent ninety minutes doing more mural stuff, and now I'm going to unwind and hopefully go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: