Monday, August 28, 2023

another night in the hills

I'm pretty tired, but things are cranking here - I spent basically the whole day doing mural festival stuff, but all the badges are printed and I did a million other tings, so I feel good about all of that. I also hung out a bit with [censored], who was working on day job stuff instead of mural stuff - but [censored] helped me set up my new color printer, and also helped me navigate the idiosyncracies of Word on a v. old PC laptop. While I am #googleforlife with my product choices, mail merges really only work in the Microsoft world, and that was the only way I knew how to print the badges. It ended up being an overly-complicated multistep process, but they look great, so at least there's that.

Yesterday was a similar slog - a little more relaxed, perhaps, especially since I spent some quality time with my parents (and made them think I was so busy that they ended up grilling hamburgers and making fried potatoes for me, which was a real treat). But the festival officially starts in less than thirty-six hours, and then we'll see what happens....

And now, I really need to sleep so that I can save a bit of energy for tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: