Sunday, August 20, 2023

the higher ups will tell you what you can't eat, where you can't go, how to dress, how to act decent

I'm bogged down in mural stuff, but it's going to be great, so I'm trying not to let it get my down. Yesterday, I wrote in the morning, and then went into town and watched the Old Settlers parade. This is not something I've done in decades, but it was [censored]'s reunion year, so I thought I should see their float (among other tings, some more ridiculous than others). I got a bit of inadvertent sunburn and was way too hot by the end of the parade, and I attempted to recover with some loaded french fries (which were definitely tasty).

Then, [censored] and I went to Chariton to look at phones, since I need to do something about the fact that I never have service here. I was going to cook last night, but I was pretty wiped out from the heat, so I did some mural stuff and took a brief nap. And then [censored] and I went to Leon to check out our beloved (temporarily closed) Mexican restaurant's other location - it was just as tasty, and it was worth going even if I usually don't leave the county twice in one day.

Today, I did a million mural-related tasks. I took a break to go out to my parents' house and chat + proofread something, and then I came back and did more mural stuff. I also said farewell to [censored], watered tings, did some house stuff, and ate an easy dinner of cheese + salami + a tomato that my mom had given me, which was tasty.

And then, you guessed it, I did more mural stuff for the last three hours. But now I'm going to decompress and go to bed (in the guest room, since my own room is way too hot in the midst of an excessive heat warning) - goodnight!

No comments: