Thursday, August 31, 2023

lord I’m coming home to you

Today was mostly fantastic - still lots to do, but I was more relaxed than yesterday. I spent the morning in my hometown kicking off the coca-cola mural here - the garden club was out in force to help out, and the painting went really well. My family was also out in force - my mom is in garden club and I called in reinforcements at different times from my dad and [censored]. I think we jointly made half a dozen trips to the lumber yard today, but it was all good. And I even got to sit in a lawn chair in the shade and watch the painting for a bit, which was a delight.

I then did a few things at home, went to town (the other town) and did stuff at the main festival site. I escaped a little before four and got some illicit tacos, then went back to my town and checked on coke progress. And then I went back to the festival and manned the check in office for a couple of hours.

After closing the office, I got one of the fair board guys to make me a bourbon and lemonade, and then I wandered and talked to the artists and Tim pictures. And then I came home and gets my house guests - Aunt B and Uncle B arrived tonight, so we talked for a couple of hours. And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: