Wednesday, August 16, 2023

i'll sing myself to sleep, a song from the darkest hour

I'm tired, but I had a good day. I got sufficient sleep last night, and I spent the morning doing an excessive amount of mural stuff (mostly emails and press releases, etc., written while I was still in my pajamas with my glasses on). I waited until after noon to shower, and then I was ravenous and ate a bologna sandwich (lunch of champions).

In the afternoon, I did some more mural stuff, talked to my dad (who graciously mowed my yard), talked to a writer friend, and then ran some errands. I went to the lumber yard to correct a couple of things on the order we're placing, which was fun. Then I went into town and gave a list of names to the motel so that they know who is staying with them. And then, in the most exciting bit of news, I was able to go to the brand new taco truck operated by the local Mexican restaurant. They're in the middle of a total remodel and I'm missing their food (and the ability to get consistent takeout once a week), but they got their food truck going, and I'm excited. I had their street tacos, which were actually excellent - and I came home and made myself a margarita to go with them. They don't have the fajitas I usually order, but if I can get the occasional taco order, I may make it through the summer.

Then I came home, ate, messed around, did some laundry, etc. I also talked to [censored] for a long time, since he needed help staying [censored]. But he made it home, so that's good. And I wrote a couple of pages tonight - nothing groundbreaking, but better than nothing.

And now I need to sleep so I can do it all again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: