Wednesday, August 02, 2023

at the body shop, doing something unholy

I had an extremely lazy day, which is what I needed after a week of socializing. Veronica was about as wonderful a house guest as you can ask for, but after taking her to the airport yesterday and then going straight into a mural festival meeting and allergy shots, I was a little wiped out.

So, I let myself do basically nothing today. I did do some writing - mostly in the living room, which felt v. atmospheric since it rained off and off (which we desperately needed). I had leftover steak and caprese salad for lunch, messed around in the afternoon, had a couple of phone convos, etc. And I did a couple of loads of laundry and threw together an impromptu attempt at slow cooker chicken tacos using some chicken I'd thawed out and changed my mind about. The tacos turned out quite well, if I do say so myself, so they may have to go into the rotation.

I wrote a bit before [censored] got home, and then I ate (late) tacos and chatted with [censored]. When I came upstairs, I wrote some more, but I'm falling asleep on my chaise, so I think I should call it early. Goodnight!

No comments: