Saturday, August 26, 2023

looked in the mirror, so many people standing there

I'm v. tired, but today went as smoothly as it possibly could have gone. I got up and at 'em, and while I was slightly late getting to the fairgrounds, I was still there by around 8:20am. We really had no idea how many people would show up, or whether we'd have sufficient help - but we got lucky with the weather and also have a lot of community enthusiasm for the murals. Long story short, we sanded, cleaned, mounted, and primed all of the panels for the fourteen murals that we're painting at the fairgrounds. We had planned that this would take two days, and instead it took us seven hours.

Needless to say, this was delightful. We decided not to do any more setup tomorrow, and instead to finish setting up on Tuesday. That doesn't mean I'm out of the woods or totally free tomorrow - I still have a million things to do. But at least I don't have to prime anything tomorrow - it was fun today, but my shoulders will need a break.

After we were done, some of us grabbed a margarita from the Mexican food truck and chatted for a bit. Then I came home and descended into complete torpor; I just wanted to veg, so that's mostly what I did. I took a shower at some point, and I also ate a toasted bagel with some salmon that needs used. But for the most part, I did nothing, and it was glorious.

Now, though, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: