Wednesday, December 27, 2023

another dream...the monster's running wild inside of me

I was a little too sloth-filled today - I did a wee bit of writing tonight, but the rest of the day was pretty much a wash. I chalk up some of it to having trouble falling asleep last night, and then my alarm clock didn't go off because the power was shut off at some point last night and my clock apparently doesn't keep itself going without power. It has been so long since I've used an alarm clock instead of my phone that I hadn't even considered this possibility - so better to discover it now than on a day when I really needed to wake up.

sssanyway, I did some random tings throughout the day, read a bunch of stuff, and also ate delicious leftover ham balls, twice baked potatoes, and salad. And eventually I escaped the house and met up with Brenda for a drink at the newly-reopened Mexican restaurant - she was in my dad's class in high school, and she's now the museum director. We worked together a lot on the mural festival and had much to catch up on, so it was nice to see her.

Then I ordered takeout for mi hermano (and myself), came home, and ate with [censored]. After we chatted for a bit, I came upstairs and attempted to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, with mixed results. I did get some writing done, but I also discovered that one of my favorite techno DJs is now in his fifties (makes sense when I consider how old I am), and also married a girl that he met when he was like 48 and she was 19, so that was a downer.

But now, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: