Wednesday, December 20, 2023

spadina avenue

I had a pretty good day, all in all, although too much of my productivity came too late in the day and now tomorrow's plans are in jeopardy. I spent some quality time this morning getting my Christmas cards ready to go - which mostly involved buying stamps, which meant a long conversation with the postmaster about the latest in her life. After all that, she only had one book of Christmas-themed stamps, so I came home and then went into the other town to try their post office. Luckily, they had more stamps, so I returned victorious.

While I was in town, though, I got a few groceries and picked up takeout lunch from the newly remodeled and reopened Mexican place. Their remodel looks nice and the food was tasty as always (albeit slightly more expensive), and I'm delighted that they're back in business. [Censored] and I ate lunch together, and then [censored] had a meeting while I finished stamping my cards. I walked to the post office to mail them (and marveled that it was warm enough to do that on the winter solstice), came home, had a meeting, and then talked to the HVAC guys, who were back to finish one final little bit of work with my system.

Then I ran out to my parents' house to pick up the ham I need for later culinary endeavors, came home, did a bit of work, and made salmon teriyaki with broccoli and jasmine rice. After [censored] and I ate, I procrastinated a bit, but then I cleaned up the kitchen, came upstairs, and wrote for the last three hours.

And now, I need to go to bed immediately, since I have a million pre-Christmas errands to run tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: