Saturday, December 30, 2023

i talk to streetlights down on every corner but they don't know where i have to go

I should have gone to bed an hour or two ago, but when has that ever not been the case? Today was lovely, though, despite my insufficient sleep. I woke up, made some coffee, and wrote for a couple of hours, which is always a good way to start the day. Then I devoured some leftover burrito bowl, took a shower, tidied up a bit, and gave [censored] a ride to [censored]. And then I went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of tings for New Year's Day, since I have no desire to go to the grocery store tomorrow and much need to make some food.

After I got home and put away my groceries, I had approximately five minutes to gather myself before heading out to the parents' house to play games. We played a few rounds of CAMEL UP, the game that [censored] got me for Christmas, and it remained quite fun - and despite feeling like we're getting better at the strategy of the game, all four of us each won a round, so clearly we haven't settled into some sort of strategic stasis where one person usually wins. This delights me, since all the train-based games are [censored]'s domain, and I like that the camels have thwarted his usual dominance, even if it's temporary.

Then, [censored] and I went into town to pick up Mexican take-out since our beloved restaurant has reopened, and we took it back to Mom and Dad's so that they could benefit as well. It was quite tasty, although I kinda wish I had never had Mexican food at the place we went to in Moberly last week because now nothing can compare to it. And then I came home, hung out in the living room for awhile, came upstairs, painted my nails, sent some semi-urgent emails (but probably not to you), and now need to contemplate bed. Goodnight!

No comments: