Saturday, December 02, 2023

i'm on that new vibration

Today didn't go according to plan, but it was a v. good detour. I woke up, made some coffee, and eventually settled in to my desk to write - and was there for about ten minutes before [censored] got back from an errand and declared that today was the day to replace my toilet. This has been an effort that we've been putting off for months, but it has been getting more dire - the toilet was flushing/filling in a really strange way, which meant it would run for a few minutes every time I flushed it, and that was not something we thought we should allow to continue indefinitely. I'd bought a toilet a month or two ago, so it was on hand, but obviously this is not a project that I have the skillset for.

[Censored], however, does have the skillset, for better or for worse. If I were him, I would play dumb and let me hire someone to do things around here, but I'm v. grateful that [censored] doesn't do that. The project went reasonably smoothly, although it was obviously a dirty job, and there was a bit of a problem because the flange was broken and [censored] had to devise a workaround to mount the new toilet.

But when all was said and done, my new toilet is installed and seems to be great. I've gotten some real upgrades this week, since my bedroom is now warmer thanks to the new HVAC and the toilet behaves like a modern toilet. Now if only I could write a book, I'd really be in business.

sssanyway, after all that, I did a few tings, put on some makeup, and then [censored] and I met the parents in town for the holiday light show. I thought the outdoor displays weren't as creative this year as they were last year, but there were nearly seventy trees inside decorated by various individuals and organizations, so it was fun to see them all. Then, we went to our usual prime rib place for dinner - my prime rib was better than usual, so I was glad that I had ordered it.

I procrastinated for awhile after getting home, but then I sat down to write for a bit. It was a good session, but I'm falling asleep, so I think it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: