Friday, December 15, 2023

i'm staring at the asphalt wondering what's buried underneath

I had a fairly lowkey and boring day. I slept later than intended (which is true pretty much every day when I don't have to be someplace early), and then I made coffee, took a shower, and went into town to get allergy shots. Then I came home and ate lunch with [censored] (leftover burrito bowls).

I did manage to get some writing done this afternoon - not quite as much as I would have liked, but I will take it. Then, [censored] and I went out for dinner, since I didn't feel like cooking. We went to one of our usual spots, which thankfully wasn't super busy - I ill-advisedly ate some cheese curds and the breaded fried onion bits on top of my burger, which is probably why I feel like I'm lightly dying. But they were delicious, and the fries were as good as always, so I have no actual regrets.

Then we came home and I intended to get more work done than I did tonight, but I mostly browsed hotels in advance of my writing retreat in January and daydreamed of warmer climes. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: