Monday, December 11, 2023

so kiss me on the cheek, make it a long goodbye

I had a pretty decent day, when I let it be easy. I did some writing this morning, ate lunch with [censored] (leftover scalloped potatoes and ham, delish), and then procrastinated too much in the afternoon. But I took a bit of a walk, which helped me reset (even if I spent half the time walking and half the time, it seemed, standing around waiting for a train to pass through town).

So, I wrote in the late afternoon before and after [censored] left, and it was great. I also talked to Terry, all too briefly. I ate a frozen gluten free pizza for dinner (not, perhaps, the most exciting option), and then I was going to write again...but instead, I realized I probably wouldn't get anything done, and so instead I finished reading ALIF THE UNSEEN, which I had started reading last night. It won a bunch of awards ten years ago and I'm just now getting to it, but I enjoyed it quite a bit, and it was relevant to the strange fantasy/scifi hybrid that I'm currently writing...

But now, I really need to sleep so that I can do the tings I need to do tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: