Sunday, December 10, 2023

i will find any way to your wild heart

I didn't blog yesterday because I was in too good of a mood, and I almost didn't blog tonight because I was in too bad of one. Not that anything substantively changed - if anything, it should have been reversed, since yesterday was dreary and miserable, while today was at least sunny and less windy. But the human mind is a mystery.

So, yesterday, I spent most of the day reading a "nonfiction" (I use that incredibly loosely) research book about secret societies, which gave me some little kernels of ideas but mostly made me roll my eyes. I also made scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner, which was a real win (especially since that meant leftovers today).

Today, I probably should have done more of the same, but I didn't feel like reading this morning. Instead, I mostly procrastinated, and somehow wasted most of the day. I think I did a few things that I had been meaning to do online? Actually, I remember what I did - I tried to start laying out my planner for next year, which made me anxious and surly from trying to narrow down my goals while also setting them up in such a way that I might have hope of accomplishing them. And I had a v. tasty ham sandwich, which was something.

I finally took a shower, and then walked into town to drop my water bill payment in the slot at city hall. That perked up my mood a bit, and a little later I ate leftovers with [censored] and watched most of last night's SNL, which was funnier than usual.

Buoyed by all of that, I snatched victory from the jaws of defeat and actually wrote five pages tonight, so at least the day ended in something good. And now I'm going to read a bit more of that dumb book and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: