Tuesday, December 05, 2023

we rattle this town, we rattle this scene

I woke up earlier than expected because my fitbit buzzed me at 7:45am with a text from my friendly local HVAC guy, who wanted to know if they could run a gas line at my house today. I usually have my phone on silent and sleep through any text buzzes, but 7:45am was close enough to waking up that my body sensed the fitbit vibration and I opened one eye to check it.

I was pretty surly about getting up since I didn't go to bed until almost one, but I decided I wanted a gas line more than I wanted to go back to bed. So I texted him to say they should come, and I went downstairs to unlock the garage door so that they could get in. I didn't actually see them until they were almost done, since I decided to go ahead and shower - but [censored] was around today, and he knows more about gas lines than I do anyway. Happily, it all went v. smoothly, and now I have a gas line to my patio so that I can use my grill.

However, the shortage of sleep made me pretty low-energy all morning. So I took the opportunity to do a final backup of my old laptop and wipe it so that I could send it back to Apple for a credit - it paid for 25% of my new laptop, which made it worth sending back, but I felt a little pang of nostalgia for it since it has been in my life for several years. Usually I just toss old laptops into my closet and keep them forever, but this one is now on its way to the return facility, which was the right call.

At some point, I ate lunch with [censored] (leftover burrito bowls), and then I went into town to get allergy shots and drop off my laptop return. Then I came home, did a few quick tings, and talked to Barbara (formerly of Colorado, now of Oregon) for awhile. We had much to catch up on, and it was great to see her virtually. I got off the call just in time to bid farewell to [censored]....

...and then I spent the rest of the evening doing some more organizing of my office. It's getting into pretty good shape, although I have a bunch of stuff to put in the basement or donate -- but my desk and my office supplies are all organized, as is my office closet, and so all is right with the world. I also did a bit of writing, a bit of journaling, and a bit of procrastinating - so all in all, it was a lovely night.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: