Friday, July 05, 2024

life is a drink and love's a drug

I had more espresso martinis tonight than I've had in my entire life combined, and right now I have no regrets (although it's possible I'll have some regrets when I go to the airport in the morning). My day overall was pretty sedate - I wasn't hungover despite the questionable structure of last night's blog post, since I was falling asleep when I wrote it but wasn't actually drunk. So I got up at a reasonable hour and went to a nearby Starbucks, where I had some cold brew and worked for awhile. And then I can't back to the hotel and worked some more. 

At some point I took a lunch break and had thai food - I walked to a place that I always used to order delivery from during the pandemic, and it was pretty tasty in person. Then I did more work from my room / the hotel bar until it was time to call it a day.

Then I packed while talking to [censored], and then I met Katie for dinner at The Kitchen. We ended up staying there for almost four hours - our food was excellent, and our espresso martinis for dessert turned into three martinis each. That was perhaps at least one too many, but I have no regrets since we don't get to see each other nearly as often as we should. 

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!


No comments: