Tuesday, July 23, 2024

we drove from coast to coast, down in new orleans where the levees broke

I'm v. tired tonight - I've been doing a good job of prioritizing sleep the last couple of weeks, but last night as a fail. I stayed up until one finishing something, and I had to get up at 7:30 because I had a v. unusual 8:30am meeting that cramped my style. Unfortunately I have an 8am tomorrow as well - nothing particularly urgent, but I'm helping to interview some people and scheduling them + my usual schedule is a bit annoying.

However, getting up and ready early meant that I was more productive than usual in the morning. I ended the day feeling mostly caught up on stuff, with the exception of a big project that I need to spend copious time on this week (I've been putting it off, but it's inevitable that I'll get caught at some point if I don't actually do it).

So when I was done working, I took a brief walk to pay my gas bill, watered my plants, and sat on the balcony playing Animal Crossing. It's a bit bizarre to play a game that mostly involves wandering around outside when I could instead just...wander around outside. But it's pretty relaxing, and while I'm sure I'll lose interest soon, it's been fun to dip back into it.

Then I ate a steak quesadilla (a little later than I should have), got ready for bed, and journaled for awhile. And now I need to sleep if I want to get eight hours tonight - goodnight!

No comments: