Friday, July 12, 2024

we took a little trip

I had a lovely day in Dubuque - not quite as productive as yesterday but the activities made up for it. After I woke up and showered, I went to a nearby coffee shop and wrote for a couple of hours. They had a gluten free blueberry cream cheese cake thing that was amazingly good, and the vibe was mostly on point. 

Then I came back to the Airbnb, ate leftovers, and did a variety of tasks. I also ran v quickly to Walgreens to get some dramamine, since I remembered that I'm not friends with boats. I got it just in time for Veronica, Carolyn, and I to go on a happy hour boat cruise on the Mississippi. I'm glad I took it - I felt slightly sick right towards the end, but overall the whole cruise was quite enjoyable.

After that, we drove downtown and had a v nice dinner and discussed many writing/health/life topics. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: