Wednesday, July 31, 2024

but if he's a ghost, then i can be a phantom

I had a lovely day - I had only one meeting, and it was a good one. That meant I was able to spend the rest of the day getting stuff done, which I did mostly successfully. I sat on my balcony in the morning since it wasn't too hot to be out there, and then I spent the afternoon working from my chaise while watching Olympics coverage. This meant that I caught all the swimming basically live (a little delayed since I was pausing when I needed to focus, but I didn't get any spoilers in those moments). This is much preferable to trying to avoid spoilers all day and then watching a lot of inane primetime commentary.

So, I slogged all day, and then my mom and I watered the planters in town. Then I came home, did a bit more work, and fired up the grill. I made some v basic hamburgers to go with the last of the leftover potatoes au gratin that I made last weekend, and I got the grill put away before the derecho rolled through (if it was a derecho here -- it didn't seem quite windy enough, although there was a lot of lightning and a seemingly decent amount of rain).

I spent the rest of the evening watching Olympics coverage, including fast-forwarding through some of the swimming I'd already seen so I could watch other random events on the app. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: