Thursday, July 25, 2024

bougie like natty in the styrofoam

I did not get enough done today, but I had some unexpected adventures, which I quite enjoyed. I slogged most of the day (while also doing some desultory online shopping), but I wrapped up a little before 5 so that [censored] and I could go check out an auction.

The auction was for the contents of an old Methodist church in the area - not one I ever went to, but it's sad to see it go. They're auctioning off everything inside, from doors and trim to windows and pews, and also a hodgepodge of choir robes, folding chairs, etc. Tonight was the public preview, so we went and saw various items and had a fine time speculating about how people are going to get doors and windows out without destroying the items.

After that, we were going to grab dinner somewhere nearish by. But on a whim we went up to Honey Creek, where we ate at the restaurant. The food was pretty good, and while it was dead when we got there, it started to pick up as we left. It's almost enough to make a girl want to go into the innkeeping business...

But instead I went into the chauffeur business and drove [censored] around the lake to inspect some of his holdings. That was an entertaining exercise in its own right. And then we came home, I mixed up a spice rub and slathered it on a pork shoulder that I'm roasting tomorrow, and then I came upstairs. I should have gone to bed an hour ago, probably, but that's a problem for Future Sara. Goodnight!

No comments: