Sunday, July 07, 2024

hymn for the weekend

I had a massive case of Sunday scaries today - or rather, I wasn't scared, but I wanted to do absolutely nothing. I'm sure this was because it was my only day of downtime between coming back from Denver yesterday (was it only yesterday?) and leaving on my next adventure tomorrow. 

Yesterday was better than it could have been - I slept very badly (I blame the three espressos in the espresso martinis as much as I blame the liquor) and when I woke up at six to head to the airport, my body absolutely didn't want to. Luckily I was able to switch to a later flight for free - which was the flight I was originally booked for, before I changed to leave earlier so that I would waste less of my day. As soon as I made the change, I slept for three hours, and it saved me. All my travel was uneventful, and I got home in time to have dinner with Mom and Dad, so it all worked out. 

Today, I had grand plans that I mostly abandoned. But I made scrambled eggs for me and [censored], and I did my laundry and partially unpacked. I also trimmed my bangs, went to the grocery store, made burrito bowls, did a tiny bit of work, and handled some other tasks. I have a million things to do tomorrow, but it's possible I'll feel in it to win it as soon as I wake up. 

Now, though, it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: