Thursday, July 11, 2024

somewhere out there still i believe in magic

I had an excellent first day of my retreat. I had to do a bit of day job stuff this morning, but I made myself get up and do it rather than sitting around and dreading it, so I'm counting that as a win. Then I showered, ran to Hy-Vee to grab some groceries and some Starbucks, and then buckled down. 

I got several hours of solid writing done, which felt great. When I came out of writing mode I realized I was starving, so I went to Chipotle. My realization spurred similar realizations for Carolyn and Veronica, so Carolyn went with me, and we picked up food for V. Thus stated, I spent the rest of the afternoon taking care of a variety of tasks (including the v important task of shopping the Nordstrom anniversary sale).

Eventually, we went out for dinner - we walked all the way downtown before walking back and eating a couple of blocks from our Airbnb. The food was excellent, though - almost all of their menu was gluten free or could be made gluten free, and my pizza was great. 

And now I need to sleep so I can accomplish some good things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: