Monday, July 22, 2024

you were tripping, i was driving, you were running, i was hiding

I had a v. long day - I started working by 8:45am, and I am wrapping up at 12:30am. Not all of that was day job stuff, though. Work went pretty well, and I was happy with what I got done - and I had a long break in the late afternoon, somewhat unintentionally, because I ran out of steam. But then I worked on my balcony after [censored] left, which was a nice way to wrap up the day.

After I finished work, I switched almost immediately to finishing reading a manuscript that a friend had sent me asking for feedback. I don't normally critique manuscripts because 1) I'm always late with it, 2) I haven't had a manuscript of my own to get feedback on in years, and 3) it takes many hours of work to do right. But I like this friend, and she needed advice on both rural Iowa and crypto, and I am a unicorn who knows both those things. So I read from seven to midnight with a brief break for steak tacos, and I typed up my notes and sent them off.

And now I need to go to bed immediately - goodnight!

No comments: