Saturday, July 20, 2024

out the country but the blueberry still connect

I had a pretty good day, all in all - I woke up and wrote before getting too sucked into my phone, which is always a win. I also cleaned my bedroom - the detritus of a couple of trips in a row plus the spoils of the Nordstrom anniversary sale has taken a toll on my organizational skills, but at least my bedroom is now clean and peaceful again.

At some point I also showered, got some groceries, etc. [censored] and I had dinner at mom and dad's- we had the first sweet corn off the season (for us anyway), and it was delicious. And then I came home and played some animal crossing on my switch - I picked it up last night for the first time in forever, and all the animals in the game confirmed that they hadn't seen me in three years and six months. I played it a lot in the early pandemic in 2020, but I dropped it around the time my dad got sick and never picked it back up. They added a few new features in the intervening years, so I might mess around with it for a bit - it's better than reading twitter, still more mindless than a book, and easier to put down than a game of Civ, so it might relax me for a bit.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: