Friday, July 26, 2024

do you hear the people sing

Happy Olympics to all who celebrate! I woke up early to put a pork shoulder in the oven, since it needed eleven hours to roast - but this was somewhat unfortunate, since I had a smashing headache when I woke up and never quite recovered from it. So I basically did nothing today - screens during the day made it worse, as did noise, which made for a dull morning and afternoon.

I am feeling somewhat better now though - I rallied enough to go to the grocery store, and when the pork was done I shredded it and used a tiny portion to make nachos for me and [censored]. We are our nachos while watching the Olympic opening ceremonies, which I loved - they were very weird, as all opening ceremonies are, and the athletic very wet since they rode open boats down the Seine in the rain. But the bells of Notre Dame rang for the first time since the fire five years ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed the homage to guillotining. So all in all, the Games are kicked off and I'm ready to enjoy them.

But now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: