Saturday, July 13, 2024

heat waves been faking me out

I had a decent retreat day today. After I got up and showered, we walked through the Dubuque farmers' market, which was conveniently set up right outside our airbnb. I didn't buy anything, but there was an impressive array of vegetables and various other tings, and I did get a cold brew to take back to the house. Then I spent the day in various states of writing / journaling / procrastinating, while also making some lists and reading some stuff.

We were originally going to go out for dinner, but instead we picked up a couple of bottles of wine from a cute wine shop and ordered Casey's pizza. It's possible to get it delivered here, which is a bit of an upgrade over picking it up, and we ate pizza and plotted new books, which was fun. And now, I need to go to bed and not let myself be distracted from my goals by the ever-present news cycle - goodnight!

No comments: