Saturday, July 27, 2024

and it's all coming back to me

Happy ongoing Olympics! I didn't watch as much as I wanted to today - while I once withdrew from a college class because it was getting in the way of my Olympics watch schedule, I don't think I should quit my job for the same reason (although it's tempting). I had several tings that I needed to get done today, so I prioritized adulting over Olympics, much to my chagrin.

However, this prioritization means that I now have food for awhile - I went to Walmart and Fareway and loaded up on meat and dry goods, thus putting my garage freezer and fridge to good use. I also made a stop at the Amish discount store, where I hit the jackpot with 12 cans of (unexpired!) gluten free campbell's cream of chicken soup for $10. This is a key ingredient in cheesy potatoes (aka party potatoes), as well as other fine Midwestern casseroles, and the gluten free version holds up pretty well.

When I got home, I unloaded the car, read some Olympics coverage, and confirmed dinner plans with the parents. Then I cleaned the living room (much overdue), tidied up, and made potatoes au gratin (scalloped potatoes if you're not feeling fancy). These went v. well with the pulled pork that I made last night, and my dad brought in some cucumbers and onions, so it was all v. tasty.

So the parents came in to town for dinner, and we all hung out for awhile (after my dad and [censored] colluded to prank me about buying an elevator, which I completely believed because it seemed like something Dad would do). After they left, I cleaned up the kitchen, and then finally watched the primetime Olympics coverage - starting late meant we were able to fast forward through commercials, so it wasn't all bad. However, I already knew the results of most of what was shown in primetime, so hopefully I can get up early tomorrow and catch some of the Olympics live.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: