Tuesday, July 02, 2024

we're sick like animals, we play pretend

I had a pretty good day despite going to bed at two a.m. and waking up feeling the effects of an after-midnight glass of port. I amanged to get up and around and grab some coffee before my first meeting, and then I slogged all day - I had more meetings than usual, and I had to run almost all of them, so that required being on. I did take a quick lunch break to grab Chipotle from down the street, and I must say it was v. nice to be someplace where I could walk out the door and grab food from a variety of places within walking distance.

sssanyway, I kept slogging, and then I cut out around 4:30 to have happy hour with Kelly. We went to Postino, and we immediately went v. deep on life over aperol spritzes, and I was so delighted to see her. Then she dropped me off at Linger (which was a little unnecessary, since it was a block and a half away), where I had dinner with Alice and Caroline. They were also a delight, and I parted ways with them very high on life.

When I came back to my hotel, I was going to work, but I accidentally fell asleep. And now I need to go to bed for real - goodnight!

No comments: