Thursday, August 15, 2024

fa la la la la la la la la

I have been staring at my screen entirely too long - after slogging all day, I had to write a final report for a grant that the mural festival got last year. No one remembered that we had gotten it, and somehow I didn't find out about the reporting requirement (which is technically not on me anyway) until after the reporting deadline had passed. So we got an extension to today, but it was still a scramble to fill out approximately sixteen pages of info on what we spent and why, and who benefitted, etc.

But that's done and I submitted it at 11:49pm (a whole 11 minutes early for the extended deadline), so hopefully there are no further surprises. The rest of my day was fine - as I said, I slogged all day. After my last meeting ended at 6:30, I baked some bacon and made some cobb salads, one of which I ate. Then I relaxed on my balcony and watched the lightning in the distance while talking to [censored]. And then I finished this grant report, and now I have to get my brain to shut off so that I can get to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: