Thursday, August 01, 2024

sandstorm

I slogged all day, with a break in the morning for a quick errand to chase down a FedEx driver and force him to take some return packages. He asked me if a 5-digit number on the label was a zip code, which did not bode well for my packages' safe arrival, but according to the system they're all en route, so I will live in hope.

So I slogged for a v. long time, since my last meeting ended at 6:30. Then I watched the women's gymnastics all around on my laptop so I could sit on my balcony (and see it before I stumbled across any spoilers - I successfully stayed off line and didn't spoil it for myself, although the outcome wasn't in much doubt). Then I ate a late dinner and watched the prime time coverage, although I forwarded through a bunch of stuff that I'd already seen. [Censored] also got home, so we exchanged Olympics notes, and also watched the gold medal match of mixed team 10m air pistol.

I'd seen the bronze match on a whim, but the gold match featured the Turkish shooter who became meme-worthy because he had none of the equipment (blinders, lenses, ear protectors) that everyone else had and so looked like an assassin who came out of retirement for one more job. The shooting was interesting to watch, and I could have watched many other sports, but instead I decided I should go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: