Monday, August 12, 2024

have fun cheap thrills

I accidentally stayed up way too late, but hopefully this means I have a head start on work tomorrow. Today was mostly fine, although I woke up too early and couldn't go back to sleep (unusually for me). But I spent the day doing a variety of tings around the house, attempting to write, doing a some day job stuff, etc.

In the evening, I made a triple batch of spaghetti sauce, which netted 4 quart jars of sauce for the freezer + dinner tonight + plenty of leftovers for tomorrow. [Censored] and I ate the spaghetti while watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics. I'm v. sad it's over and also sad that I didn't watch much of the second week - between the concert in Cedar Rapids + going to Des Moines on Friday + being at my parents' last night, there were five nights in the last seven that weren't ideal for watching. But the closing ceremonies were fun, and I'm v. v. excited for LA in 2028 (and, of course, the 2026 Winter Olympics in Italy). The handoff from Paris to LA was full of bonkers displays of things the US and LA are known for, and after all the patriotic energy of this Olympics, I expect the next one to be even bigger.

But now, I desperately need to go to bed if I'm going to be functional tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: