Saturday, August 24, 2024

to make you feel my love

I had a very delightful day celebrating Drewbaby's wedding to Sammie (even if apparently no one else calls him Drewbaby). I got up in time to go to the venue and help decorate, but I mostly spent that time using the last paper cutter owned by a millennial (aka me) to cut the wedding programs. We all had sandwiches for lunch, and I hung out on the patio with Becky, Brian, Kathy, and [censored] before heading back to the hotel to get ready. I made good use of that time and repacked so that I can get out of the hotel and to the airport as efficiently as possible tomorrow. 

Then I went to the church, where we took family photos before the wedding. It was a little bittersweet - other than the rehearsal yesterday, the last time I was in that church was for Uncle Mark's funeral, and he was very much missed today. My parents made it up in time for photos, although they didn't stay for the reception. But our side was well represented even if we're not a particularly large crew.

I was the usher (the only usher, for reasons that I won't blog about but that I find hilarious), so I handed out programs until it was time to start. The wedding was beautiful, and Sammie looked gorgeous (as did Andrew, I guess). And then we all headed to the reception venue, which was at a local winery. 

The reception was quite nice too - they had a buffet that was very well labeled for gluten free, and the food was delicious. I didn't cry during the wedding, but I cried during the first dance and the parents' dances. And I had a nice time catching up with Terry and Sheila (my gram's cousin) and many other guests. 

[Censored] and I ducked out earlier than we should have because I have an early flight tomorrow, so we came back to the hotel and had some of the flourless chocolate torte that Becky had baked for my dad and forgotten to give to him (#sorrynotsorry, it was excellent). And now I need to sleep so I can shift great tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: