Sunday, August 18, 2024

ga ga ooh la la

Sorry for not blogging yesterday - I actually had many tings happen, but I was too tired to recount them. I got up yesterday morning and went into town to work at the library's annual book sale. Since I'm now a proud member of the board, this occasionally requires some other effort beyond our monthly meetings, and the book sale is one of them. Another board member was there too, and we spent a v. nice time selling books from 10-12.

Then I sped home to grab a couple of tings, drove back into town, and uncharacteristically opted into riding in the Old Settlers parade on my class float. It's my reunion year, and tradition requires that each reunion class ride in the parade. Also uncharacteristically, our class won the prize for best class float - which was awarded before anyone seemed to realize that we were just listening to 'Party Like it's 1999' for an hour straight. The float experience was a little hysterical because of the characters involved + some non-frozen Otter Pops, and also because we for some reason we decided to go through the parade again. Everyone lining the square looked much less happy to see us the second time, probably because we were behind the horses and everyone was ready to go.

After that, I went to my reunion, which was a chill and nice couple of hours. Then I came home, with no desire to go out again - but I was lured out with the promise of free steak. So I met my parents at our usual prime rib place, and we had a v. nice dinner (and I discovered they sometimes order dessert when [censored] and I aren't there).

Today, I didn't get much done - three loads of laundry and some random household tasks, but far less than I intended. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: