Tuesday, August 13, 2024

la la la la la

My eyes are crossing from looking at screens too much today, but it was good overall. I got over eight hours of sleep last night, which is what I needed, and I still managed to get up in time to crank through a bunch of work before I had to present something in a meeting. It's amazing what I can get done when I have three hours and some fear of embarrassing myself if I show up without a presentation.

After that adrenaline rush, I spent the rest of the afternoon sitting through a whole bunch of meetings. I wrapped up around 6:15, and I should have done some personal work...but instead, I ate some peanut butter and jelly, poured a glass of wine, and sat on my balcony with a book. I rarely do this because I can't control myself when I pick up a book, and tonight was no different - I read the entirety of THE LAST DEVIL TO DIE, which is the fourth book in a cozy mystery series that I had started earlier this year. It was fun and a little bonkers; the plot felt a little weak, but there was a dementia subplot that was really moving, and I overall enjoyed it.

Now, though, I should sleep so that I can accomplish a million things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: