Monday, August 26, 2024

like a tear in space

I'm extremely tired, but I have switched gears from Iowa to San Francisco and I'm #inittowinit. I woke up at 6:15am Iowa time after slightly fitful slumber and took a quick shower before heading to the airport. Des Moines was as easy to fly out of as if usually is, and my flights were both perfectly on time, which gave me time to grab some food in Denver. I probably should have worked on the flight, but I mostly napped in preparation for the rest of the day...

... And that was a good thing because I was on as soon as I hit the ground in SF. I grabbed my bag, went to the rental car center, rendezvoused with Jamie, and picked up a car. We drove into the city to retrieve Martha, and then we headed for Calistoga, which is almost a two hour drive (like going to Des Moines, but the destination is a bunch of wineries instead of Costco).

There was some debate about whether we should check into our hotel or go straight to our event, but checking in prevailed, which I appreciated since I wanted to put on a real bra and some jeans instead of the sweats I wore to fly in. We reached out event just in time for happy hour, which was followed by an excellent dinner (in which we determined that one does not, in fact, spatchcock a fish). And then I was dragooned into singing a bunch of karaoke with Adit because that is what is required of us at team events.

And now I need to sleep before I die, since my body thinks it's 2am - goodnight!

No comments: