Friday, August 23, 2024

let it ride

Today was a bit more stressful than I intended it to be because I had a million things to do before leaving the house and it was a real scramble to get out the door. I left at the exact last minute that I could possibly leave to make it to Des Moines for my mani/pedi appointment, which was a v necessary thing to do given how abysmal my nails looked. Then I returned some things to the mall, bought a wedding card, and made it to the church at exactly five pm for the rehearsal. 

Drewbaby is getting married tomorrow, although apparently no one else at the wedding calls him Drewbaby. I am the sole usher, which is a tremendous responsibility, but I think I can do it. We all rehearsed, and then we went to the Ames country club for a v nice rehearsal dinner. I sat next to Aunt Kathy, who has a v nice dress for the party, but it was weird sitting at a table between her and [censored] and not playinga board game.

Other guests showed up for a welcome party, and Aunt Becky and Uncle Brian arrived in time for that, which was great. We all departed around nine, and now I need to sleep and hopefully recover a bit of my energy for tomorrow - goodnight!


No comments: