Thursday, August 29, 2024

greensleeves

I'm still v tired, but I've survived my event. Today was painful, but reasonably so - I had breakfast (a buffet that was much worse than yesterday's), had some meetings, snuck off for a solo lunch somewhere that wasn't in the broiling sun, had some afternoon meetings, and took another break.

The evening's activities more than made up for a somewhat quiet day. We went to a nearby castle, which was built by some rich guy from imported 13th-century brick. The happy hour and castle tour were nice, and then I had a very long, intense dinner conversation by someone who happened to be seated next to me, which was a real highlight.

At some point Adit tricked people into making it seem that I wanted three desserts, and then we had more wine and a magic/mentalist performance that was mind-bogglinglgy good. And then I wrapped up the night with tequila, and I don't think I made any bad decisions as a result.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: