Friday, August 16, 2024

ro ma ro ma ma

My day felt longer than I would have liked - I got up after much less sleep than I needed so that I could shower and get some work done. I had a long but mostly fun meeting, and then I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and headed for Des Moines. I needed to see my allergist, so the drive was necessary - but so was pulling over at a gas station so I could spend thirty minutes in a zoom with my boss. There are upsides to living here, but needing to drive ninety miles to go to the doctor isn't one of them. 

After the allergist, I ran a couple of clothing related errands and then met Drewbaby for happy hour at Louie's Wine Dive. My shrimp tacos were tasty enough, and it was nice to spend some quality time with him. Then I came home, struggled to stay awake, spent too much time on my phone, and now feel a v unwelcome second wind coming on even though I'm already in bed. So I'm going to try to stave it off and sleep - goodnight!

No comments: