Wednesday, September 18, 2024

my friends all smell like weed or little babies

I have nothing of interest to report - I spent the last couple of days working and trying to catch up on life stuff, to mixed results. I have not been feeling in it to win it, but I was a bit more productive today. It probably helped that I had to be up and dressed by 8 (such a sacrifice) because my dad's crew came to break out a bunch of concrete around my shed and fill a cistern that we had suspected was buried there. They still have to finish some more concrete work tomorrow, but I'm more excited about getting concrete removed than one would think I might be, so this is great.

I eventually stopped working, made a frittata for dinner, poured a glass of wine, and sat on my balcony until the sun set (too early; this is my least favorite thing about fall). Eventually, [censored] got home and I talked to him for a bit. Then I came upstairs and was going to go to bed, but instead I finished the book I started on the plane last week (THE GOD OF THE WOODS, which started off very slow but became very interesting and fast paced at the end). And now I need to go to sleep so that I can accomplish all the things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: