Sunday, September 29, 2024

i was standing in the rain just trying to stay dry

I had a lovely weekend, all in all. Friday was a lot of slogging, which is why I didn't blog, plus some Outlaw pizza that we took to mom and dad's.

Yesterday was more fun - Aunt B and I went on an excursion to check out the Amish discount store and buy mums from one of the best local greenhouses. We had a long chat with the owner of the greenhouse while I chose my mums, which was fun. And we found a few treasures at the discount store, which is why I go back occasionally even though I can't do my regular grocery shopping there. Then I did a variety of other tasks yesterday afternoon before making salmon and a cucumber salad to take to my parents' house.

Today was a little lower on the fun and heavier on the work - I spent some quality time with Aunt B and [censored] before Aunt B left to see Drewbaby and catch her flight. Then I took a long walk around town, which was nice. And then I spent the afternoon and evening taking care of house things with varying degrees of success. I ended the day by making some chili and watching the season premiere of SNL with [censored], which was reasonably funny (which is how SNL usually is). And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: