Monday, September 02, 2024

hey I was doing just fine before I met you

I had a lovely day in the city - it was perfectly sunny and just a little breezy, and I took advantage of it. When I woke up I went to Coffee Movement for a latte and a v tasty gluten free orange and pistachio muffin. And then I spent the morning doing some journaling / writing, which is my favorite Sunday activity. 

After I showered, I went to the marina to do some shopping in my old neighborhood. Many of the stores have changed, but it was still nice to walk down Chestnut. I also took my very first Waymo ride - self driving taxis are fully a thing now in San Francisco, and it felt a little wild to get into an empty car and have it drive me (complete with a string wheel that appeared to be turned by ghosts) across the city. It actually felt way safer than many taxis and Ubers I've been in, and it didn't subject me to the convo that one in ten Uber drivers start about how it's impossible to make a living driving Uber (and I did not feel compelled to tip the robot car). I don't know that it's a positive impulse to want to ride in a silent car over engaging with another human, but I quite enjoyed it. 

After the marina, I took the Fillmore bus up to the main Fillmore shopping area. I had lunch (oysters and fries) at Little Shucker, which is a big aesthetic and food improvement over The Grove, which it replaced. I also did some window shopping before coming back to my hotel and taking a nap. 

Then I went to Katrina's new house so I could see both it and her. She has an amazing view of the city, and also has the dilemma of how to redo her kitchen that just about every new homeowner has. The space overall is great, and I can't wait to see what she does with it. Then we walked down the hill and grabbed dinner at a delicious Detroit-style pizza place that had the most perfect pizza. 

After we caught up on many subjects, it was time to say farewell. And I'm falling asleep as I write this, so I'm going to end abruptly - goodnight!

No comments: