Wednesday, September 11, 2024

we may lose and we may win though we will never be here again

Happy birthday to me! It's been a hectic couple of days - I had to take my parents to Des Moines for an appointment yesterday, which went fine, but it was more driving than I usually do on a work day. Then I came home and slogged the rest of the day before eating some leftover soup and talking to [censored].

Today was more slogging - I tried to be relaxed in the morning by making coffee and watering my plants, but I succumbed to the lure of my laptop and then slogged obsessively the whole day. However, I was able to wrap up around 5:15 so that [censored] and I could go out for dinner with the parents to celebrate my birthday. We usually never go to Seymour during the week because they only have prime rib on the weekends, but Wednesday is apparently a fried fish special, which merits a trip. I did not have fried fish because I'm trying to abstain from gluten, but my philly cheesesteak sans bun was excellent. And it was a very nice birthday dinner, even if I will have to bake a gluten free cake later this week to satisfy my cake cravings.

Then we came home and I spent the last hour or so responding to texts, doing some online tings, etc. And now I need to consider going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: