Monday, September 02, 2024

even the devil need time alone sometimes

I intentionally chose to have another quiet day today - I'm about to embark on a whirlwind of work and social activity, and it was nice to hermit for a bit. I spent the morning writing / eating breakfast at the hotel, which was something I used to love doing during pre-pandemic travel. At some point, I packed everything up, showered, and vacated my room - I had a late checkout, which made everything much more pleasant.

When I checked out, I left my bags with the bell desk and sat at the Fairmont's roof garden while I called my parents and [censored]. Calling my parents on Sundays (or, in this case, the last day of a long weekend) used to be a tradition, so I decided to revive it today. I also had to catch up with [censored] on the latest developments in our general vicinity, since my cameras can't catch all the gossip in town.

Then, I should have come to my new hotel, but instead I had a glass of wine and some fries at the old hotel while writing in my journal. I finally ubered over here and checked in, and I'm in a room that's identical to the room that I spent my covid sick days in in April, so I'm having a bit of PTSD over that. But I got unpacked, organized everything, and then had a late dinner at the bar while getting a head start on some work for tomorrow (or belatedly doing work that I should have done earlier in the weekend).

And now I need to go to bed so that I can get with the program tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: